A code editor is a software tool used for writing, editing, and debugging code written in programming languages. Code editors typically provide various features and tools to help developers write programs more easily and efficiently.
Some features that a code editor may have include:
1. Syntax highlighting: Code editors provide syntax highlighting for various programming languages to prevent syntax errors while writing code and improve readability.
2. Autocomplete: Code editors offer an autocomplete feature while writing code to help developers write code quickly.
3. Debugging: Code editors provide the ability to execute and debug code to find and solve errors in code.
4. Integrated Development Environment (IDE): Some code editors function as integrated development environments, integrating tools such as compilers and debuggers to make programming tasks more convenient.
Popular code editors include Visual Studio Code, Atom, Sublime Text, Vim, and Emacs.
Notepad++ is a powerful code editor that is available for free. It provides various features necessary for writing and editing source code.
Notepad++ Main features
- Syntax highlighting feature
- Auto-completion feature
- Execution and debugging feature
- Multi-document editing feature
- Regular expression search and replace feature
- Bookmark feature for document navigation
- Screen splitting editing feature
- Free software
- Supports most programming languages
- Lacks functionality for complex tasks
- Lacks IDE features
Notepad++ : Review
Notepad++ is a popular text editor among developers. Personally, I mainly use Notepad++ when developing because it supports various languages and provides necessary features for development such as code highlighting, auto-completion, and grammar checking.
In addition, Notepad++ boasts lightweight and fast speed. Even though it is a free software, it meets all the necessary features required for development, which is equivalent to paid editors. Furthermore, it supports various plugins, allowing you to use additional features as needed.
However, there are also some problems that occur during use. For example, it does not support an auto-save function and there are some inconveniences when entering Korean text. Also, the user interface may be a little difficult to use at first, but you can get used to it after using it a few times.